Emerald Lake is a stunning green lake in British Columbia’s Yoho National Park. We stopped by on September 18, 2022. The parking lot was full, cars parked on the side of the road about a mile or so down the road. When I caught my first glimpse of the lake, I realized why the crowds were flocking to see it. It is breathtakingly beautiful! The spectacular lake is surrounded by tall mountains and glaciers.
The Lakeshore trail is a flat 5.2 km loop around the lake. When we visited, we walked only a small section of it. It was crowded, but we reveled in the beauty of it all. We watched kayakers peppered around the scenic lake. I understand that in winter the snow gets quite deep there. I highly suggest a stop to view Emerald Lake when in Yoho National Park. The views are truly unforgettable.
Other Canada blog posts
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Canmore, Alberta, Canada
- Three Sisters Creek Trail, Canmore, Canada
- Gondola to Sulfur Mountain Cosmic Ray Station, Banff NP, Canada
- Parker Ridge Trail to Saskatchewan Glacier, Banff NP Canada
- The Cascades of Time Gardens, Banff
- Cascade Ponds, Banff
- Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Canada
- Bow Falls and Bow River, Banff Canada
- A visit to Kananaskis, Canada
- Natural Bridge, Yoho National Park
- Emerald Lake, British Columbia