Edisto Memorial Garden in Orangeburg, SC is home to 187 named variety of roses spread over 79 beds and 5,000 plants. Visitors can wander from dawn until dusk between rows and rows of stunning multi-colored blooms, a true delight to the senses. After checking out the roses, walk on the 2,600 ft boardwalk over the Edisto River wetlands for some natural scenic beauty.
There is quite a variety of sights and sounds in this garden. We walked over to the pond and observed birds, geese, ducks, herons, egrets. I posed by a waterwheel before walking the wooded area of tall trees. I then proceeded across the street to admire the water feature and Japanese garden. The photos below were taken about one month apart, the rose captures are from May 14, 2022. Swamp and woods photos are from April, 2022.
If in the area a visit to this garden is a must, it combines natural and manmade resulting in a beautiful space that one could visit many times and always see something new. The city of Orangeburg holds the Festival of Roses at the gardens the weekend before Mother’s Day.
Address 218 Riverside Dr SW Orangeburg, South Carolina, 29115
You may enjoy these blogs
- An evening stroll on the Saluda Riverwalk 2022, SC
- Spring 2020 at Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park
- Summer 2020 at Columbia Canal and RIverfront Park
- Winter 2020 at Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park
- Columbia Canal and Riverfront park, 2021
- Saluda Riverwalk 2020
You may enjoy the following nearby blogs near Charleston
- The Gardens of Mepkin Abbey
- Comingtee Plantation
- Shem Creek
- Caw Caw Interpretive Center
- Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge
- The Awendaw Passage of the Palmetto Trail
- Cypress Gardens
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- James Island County Park Festival of Lights
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge