My mother and I headed to Landsford Canal this week to see the Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies. We went on a Monday to avoid the crowds. This is an event I look forward to every year. The beautiful lilies were in full bloom likely for the next week or so. It is always calming to admire their beauty. I could stand on that overlook and watch them for hours. I clocked about 2 miles to the overlook and back. This is a popular trail especially at this time of year. On the way back, we stopped by the Old Stone Cemetery located just before the park’s entrance. I wandered around the tombstones checking out the dates where visible. Some date back to the late 1700s.
Check the park’s web site if you want to visit the park to see the lilies as they post updates on the bloom progress. There is a small fee $6/adult and $3.50/ child if you don’t have the park pass.
- Kings Mountain National Military park
- The battle of Musgrove Mill State Park
- Kings Mountain State Park
- Rose Hill State Park
- Sesquicentennial State Park
- Landsford Canal State Park 2023
- Landsford Canal State Park 2021
- Landsford Canal State Park 2022