I hiked Huntoon trail after the chain Lake trail. I decided since it’s only 1.5 miles, it should be easy to complete. It was, but only up to Huntoon Point. I decided to complete the loop instead of going back which was a mistake. The trail, while easy to follow at the beginning, is not well marked beyond the point and ends in a rock scramble down the hill. I do recommend the trail but as an out and back not the entire loop.
This trail offers a different perspective of Mount Shuskan than that seen on Chain Lakes. The first section is very popular with photographers and families. The parking lot at Artist Point is large with facilities. The last six photos of Mount Shuskan were taken on stops off Mount Baker Highway along the way not specifically on this trail. Hike date 8/17/2023.
Other posts in Washington State
- Quinault Rain Forest, WA
- Mount Rainier – Paradise, WA
- Rialto Beach, Crescent Lake, Olympic National Park, WA
- Point No Point Lighthouse and Port Angeles, WA
- Twin Falls, WA
- Mount Baker Wilderness: Bagley Loop, WA
- Snoqualmie Falls, WA
- Huntoon Trail, Mt Baker Wilderness, WA
- Picture Lake, Mt Baker Wilderness, WA
- Chain Lakes Loop Trail, Mount Baker, WA